From Western, “Our National Scholarship Program is designed to recognize exceptional undergraduate students who demonstrate the highest levels of academic and extracurricular achievement. For the 2018/2019 academic year, the Western National Scholarship Program includes the following scholarships:
• Five President’s Entrance Scholarships valued at $65,000 ($20,000 for year one, $15,000 annually for years two to four) and up to 15 at $50,000 ($10,000 annually, plus $10,000 towards first-year residence costs);
• Three International President’s Entrance Scholarships valued at $50,000 ($10,000 annually, plus $10,000 towards first year residence costs). *These scholarships are reserved for international (visa) students (not Canadian citizens or Permanent residents of Canada);
• Up to 15 Faculty Entrance Scholarships valued at $30,000 ($6,000 annually, plus $6,000 towards first-year residence costs);
• Up to 39 National Scholarship Study Abroad Awards redeemable for participation in a Western approved study abroad program. Valued at $2,500 for up to 4 months (one term), $5,000 for over 4 months (more than one term);
• One Beryl Ivey Continuing Entrance Award valued at $64,000 ($16,000 per academic year for a period of four years);
• Up to 50 National Merit Awards valued at $2,000 for one year.
The on-line application for the Western National Scholarship Program and additional information including number of students each school can nominate can be found at:
HHS can nominate a total of four students for Western’s National Scholarship Program. In order to be considered for this program, a school nomination is required.
All applicants must have a minimum overall average of 90% on all 4U/4M courses. Click on the above link for more information.
When applying, in the section “Nomination,” enter the e-mail address for Mrs. Williams: email@example.com In the section “Assessor,” enter the e-mail address for the staff member/teacher who would provide a reference letter for you.
The deadline for the application, nomination, transcript and assessor reference letter is February 14, 2018. Be sure to leave time for all of these elements to be completed and submitted by the deadline.