Heading to Lakehead University next year? If so you might meet the criteria for the Lakehead University Northwestern Ontario & Simcoe County Citizenship Scholarship. Here are the details:
$3,000 (for 1st year only)
- Awarded to ten (10) graduating students from high schools in Northwestern Ontario and Simcoe County who model good citizenship within their high school and community
- A minimum 85% average in Grade 12 U or M academic marks as of May 2018 is required
- Must be a citizen, permanent resident, or landed immigrant of Canada
- Must plan to attend Lakehead University the following year on a full-time basis
- Must be nominated by high school guidance department
- One (1) eligible student from each high school is nominated by their guidance department
- Each guidance department will inform Student Awards & Financial Aid of their nomination
- Nominated students will receive further instructions from their guidance department
- Nominated students must complete the “Supplemental Application Package”
- The supplemental application package can be downloaded here.
- Supplemental application packages must be completed electronically in MS Word
- Completed supplemental application packages must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: Citizenship Scholarship Application.
The deadline for the nomination from your school is February 15/18.
The deadline for the student’s application is March 31/18.