There are some exciting new communications tools coming this school year! Many of our parents and students use email, text messaging, and social media every day. This fall, our schools and teachers will be able to communicate with parents and/or students by phone, email, text message, and social media.
Here are some examples of what our new communications system SchoolConnects will do:
- Schools will be able to send email messages to parents about such things as school events, a school council parent meeting, or the school newsletter;
- A text message may be sent to parents to remind them about parent information evenings;
- Schools can send a message regarding snow days;
- Teachers will have the option to send text messages to students reminding them of upcoming tests, or email regarding assignment due dates;
- Teachers can also send similar messages about tests and assignments to parents;
- School Principals can send voice messages and text messages to parents of students on a field trip notifying them of a delayed return time; and
- The school board can send a message to all parents about an emergency such as a lockdown or a school evacuation.
To make the transition successful we would ask that you update your contact information on the next page and return it your school as soon as possible.
To receive text messages please follow the step below. This will notify your cell phone provider, and our message provider, Synrevoice, that you consent to receive the messages.
Text the word ‘Join’ to 56360
You will then receive this text message: “Synrevoice Alerts: Please contact your school to add your #. Msg/Data Rates May Apply. Reply HELP for help. Reply STOP to cancel.”
Our new system will not be fully operational until October 1st, as we need to input all parents contact information manually. Our system will keep your request on file, and once your cell number has been entered by the school, you will begin receiving messages from your school. If you have not received a message by October 1st, text the word ‘Join’ to 56360 once more. If you receive the above error message again, please then call the school.
Any text messages from TLDSB will be received from the number 56360. We recommend that you add this to your contact list in your cell phone with the name “TLDSB”. This way when messages arrive, the caller ID feature on your phone will show they are from Trillium Lakelands District School Board.
Canada Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) prohibits the sending of commercial electronic messages. The school board and your school require your consent on the attached form to send any electronic message that promotes, advertises, or offers for sale anything including school pictures, field trips, yearbooks, food programs, event tickets, etc.