The purpose of this scholarship is to assist deserving graduating high school students who reside in communities served by the Huntsville District Memorial Hospital and who wish to pursue post-secondary education in the area of health sciences.
- The student must be graduating from a secondary school in the Huntsville Hospital service catchment area.
- The student must be accepted into a recognized post-secondary school in the Health Sciences field.
- Best candidates will have contributed to their school and/or community in volunteer or participatory capacities going beyond the usual high school volunteer requirements.
- The student is required to submit the application form and a working transcript signed by an authorized school representative.
- Three reference letters are required (from non-family) and should be electronically submitted with this application and with contact information for each letter writer.
- The student must also prepare an essay of approximately 250 words expressing suitable candidacy for the award.