Muskoka Conservancy is the nature conservancy of Muskoka, and we are passionate about protecting nature.
Volunteers, members, partners, donors, and a small staff team is making a big difference operating a land
trust with over 2,700 acres of conservation land and several engaging stewardship programs.
Muskoka Conservancy is a registered charity governed by a board of directors with a committee structure. Lead
by the Executive Director, staff support all functional areas of the Conservancy, including land acquisition and
management, engagement, finance, community conservation activities and more.
The Administrative Coordinator (AC) is a wide-ranging position providing both administrative support to staff
and volunteers during the busy field season plus an opportunity to lead an outdoor youth leadership project
of your own. The position is ideal for those with an interest environmental issues and the outdoors. The
successful candidate will demonstrate organizational and time management skills and leadership potential.
Experience in administrative support and youth leadership roles will be an advantage.
The AC is a temporary full-time summer position at 35 hours per week during typical business hours with
occasional flex time for evening and weekend work. The AC reports to Executive Director and includes the
Administration & reception
• Support reception, answering phone calls and emails, responding to information requests.
• Support continuity of donation receipting and thank you letters.
• Support continuity of mail, bills, invoices, bank deposits.
• Support product sales and managing inventory in a small retailshop.
• Routine office tasks such as filing and data entry.
Youth Conservation Programs and volunteer support
• Coordination of events like nature hikes, small workshops, community clean-ups.
• Leading youth groups on trail building and maintenance projects.
• Supporting volunteers who monitor nature reserves and conservation easements.
Communications & Events
• Playing an active role in community events, such as speaking or facilitating discussion.
• Generating positive posts for Facebook and Instagram.
• Creating content for e-bulletins, web site and newsletter.
• Assist with the implementation of engagement events.
• Processing event registrations and recordkeeping.
• Creative, innovative, and smart
• Personable, friendly demeanor able to work effectively and courteously with volunteers and the public.
• Comfortable working outdoors in typical Muskoka settings.
• Some knowledge of local flora and fauna an asset.
• A valid drivers’ license and access to a vehicle.
• Promotes a positive and productive work environment and a healthy workplace.
• Works cooperatively and effectively with others to reach a common goal.
• Provides superior service to both internal and external clients.
• Produces accurate, quality work with excellent time-managementskills.
• Keeps executive director informed; expresses ideas/concerns clearly; responds promptly and
appropriately to verbal and written instructions.
• Identifies and analyzes problems; develops appropriate solutions to problems and makes
Training will be provided.
Please visit www.muskokaconservancy.org to learn more about our organization.
Applications are being accepted immediately.
1) Please provide a covering letter describing why you are the right candidate for this position.
2) Please provide a resume including full contact information with Muskoka address, phone, and email.
3) Send to [email protected] with the subject line “Summer Job.”