Heading to Lakehead University? You may be eligible to be nominated for the Lakehead University Northwestern Ontario & Simcoe County Citizenship Scholarship (NWOSCCS) for the upcoming 2023/24 academic year.
Awarded to 10 graduating students from eligible high schools in Northwestern Ontario and Simcoe County who model good citizenship within their high school and community.
$3,000 (payable in 1st year only)
- Minimum 85% average in Grade 12 U or M academic marks as of May 2023
- Must be a citizen, permanent resident, or landed immigrant of Canada
- Must plan to attend Lakehead University in the upcoming year on a full-time basis
- Must be nominated by an eligible high school guidance department
- Eligible high school nominates one (1) student by February 15 annually
- Eligible high school directs student to complete the “Supplemental Application” Click here to download the Supplemental Application
- Supplemental application package must be completed electronically in MS Word
- Email the completed supplemental application to [email protected] with the following subject line: NWOSCCS Application – [Last Name], [First Name]
- Application due March 15, 2023
HHS can only nominate 1 student. If you wish to be considered for nomination submit in writing your request with a short paragraph explaining why you think you would be a good candidate to Ally Myers, [email protected] by February 3, 2023