What are Specialist High Skills Major programs?
- SHSM programs allow students to focus their learning on a specific economic sector while meeting the requirements to graduate from secondary school.
- Students must complete a bundle of 8-10 specific courses including a cooperative education placement, required certifications, and reach ahead opportunities.
- Students graduate with a SHSM Seal and formal recognition on their OSSD.
Huntsville High School offers SHSM opportunities in:
- Arts and Culture
- Health and Wellness
- Hospitality and Tourism
Who can participate?
- Students in grade 11 or 12 can begin working on SHSM components
- Students in all pathways: apprenticeship, college, university, workplace.
If interested, please fill in the TLDSB SHSM Application Form.