Immunization Info & Clinic

posted in: Uncategorized 0

Routine immunizations prevent serious diseases and are free. Did you know that all students in Simcoe Muskoka must have up-to-date immunization records with the health unit? Reporting an immunization is easy, go to

Need to get immunized?

Nurses will be visiting all secondary schools in February-March 2023 to offer catch-up clinics. The date of the clinic at HHS is February 16th, in the library.

Immunizations offered include:

* Required vaccines (Tdap booster for 14 to 16 year-olds, Men-C-ACYW (meningitis – usually offered in grade 7 and/or if missed)

* Hepatitis B, and Human Papillomavirus (vaccines given during Grade 7 that may have been missed)

More information will be sent home prior to the school clinic for review by the parent and student. NO COVID-19 vaccines will be offered at these clinics. Visit for your school’s clinic dates. Just walk-ins, no appointments. Catch-up clinics are also available at all health unit offices.

To book an appointment visit: For more information about routine vaccinations, visit our school immunization page.

Immunization Records

Has your child already received their routine immunizations? As a parent or guardian, you are required to report your child’s immunizations to your local public health unit if your child attends school, or a licensed child care centre.

Students currently in high school are required to be vaccinated against:
• Tetanus, Diphtheria, Polio and Pertussis (whooping cough) – booster required between 14-16 years old
• Measles, Mumps and Rubella
• Meningococcal Disease

The health unit does not receive immunization information directly from doctor’s offices. Please submit immunizations records to the health unit each time your child receives a vaccine from their health care provider.

What you can do:

Check – your child’s yellow immunization card
Contact – your child’s health-care provider to obtain records, or to get missing vaccinations
Submit an immunization record – go to to enter the complete record or fax a completed record to 705-726-3962.